• Compliance Emissions Testing – Air Measurement performs all manner of emissions testing to demonstrate compliance with State and Federal requirements. We have extensive familiarity with EPA, NIOSH, and ASTM test methods, including but not limited to:
EPA Methods 1-4: Flow and Moisture
EPA Method 5: Particulate Matter (PM)
EPA Method 6C: Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)
EPA Method 7E: Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx)
EPA Method 8: Sulfuric Acid Mist
EPA Method 9: Visual Emissions (Opacity)
EPA Method 10: Carbon Monoxide (CO)
EPA Method 16A: Total Reduced Sulfur (TRS)
EPA Method 23: Dioxin/Furan
EPA Method 25A: Hydrocarbons and VOC
EPA Method 26/26A: Halides and Inorganic Acids (HCl, HF)
EPA Method 29: Multiple Metals
EPA Method 201A: PM2.5 and PM10
EPA Method 202: Condensable Particulate Matter (CPM)
EPA Method 308: Methanol
EPA Method 320: Organic and Inorganic Emissions by FTIR
NIOSH Method 520: Chlorine & Chlorine Dioxide (Cl2 & ClO2)
• Relative Accuracy Test Audits (RATAs) – Air Measurement performs testing to certify Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) in accordance with the following Performance Specifications:
PS-1 – Opacity
PS-2 – NOx and SO2
PS-3 – CO2 and O2
PS-4/4A – CO
PS-5 – TRS
PS-6 – Flow / Emissions Rates
PS-8/8A – Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
PS-15 – Extractive FTIR
• Indoor Air Quality Testing – If you have any concerns about the safety of the indoor air at your facility, Air Measurement can design and implement an IAQ testing program to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and employee safety. We can perform area and personal exposure testing, as well as use portable monitors to identify “hot spots” and track down transient sources. We are experienced with mold/bacteriological testing as well. We can perform testing to track down the source of “sick building syndrome” symptoms and make concrete recommendations to reduce indoor pollutant concentrations and bring relief.
• Emissions Screening by FTIR – Using our advanced Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometers, Air Measurement can provide real-time, minute-by-minute emissions data for any number of specific compounds out of a library of thousands. In many cases, we can even identify unknown emissions constituents right there at your facility! This kind of real-time data can be indispensable in tuning emissions control units, pilot processes, and exploratory testing.
• Regular Audit Services – Air Measurement is available to perform all sorts of quarterly or annual audits, such as Visual Emissions (Opacity), CEMS CGAs, Part 75 quarterly linearity checks, opacity monitor calibration, differential pressure sensor audits, and permanent total enclosure (PTE) validation by EPA Method 204. We can provide any materials required, such as gas standards, or use yours. We’ll even take care of scheduling to make staying in compliance truly trouble-free.
• Fume Hood Certification – Air Measurement performs fume hood certification by ASHRAE D-86336, including face velocity, flow visualization, and tracer gas testing.
• Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) Testing – Using a handheld gas detector for positive pressure systems and/or indicator smoke for negative pressure systems, Air Measurement can assist you in ensuring that your valves and piping are leak tight and trouble free.